Coleman Evcon BRC80361CB Capacitor connection

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

phatkhat

The wiring diagram has been eaten by little bugs, and I need to replace the capacitor. There are three wires, brown, red and white, but I don't know which one goes to which connection. The capacitor has a two pronged, a three pronged, and a four pronged connector, but the wires only have a single clip on each one, so I don't know which color goes to which connector. I was careless and didn't tag my wires...

HELP!!!
Robert

Hi,

Double check this and see if it is right.

Red = HERM

Brown = FAN

White = Common (unmarked)

Trace each wire and go by this in case above don't match this:

Compressor wire = HERM (Red ?)

Fan wire = FAN (Brown ?)

Contactor wire = Common (unmarked) (White ?)

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
phatkhat

Thanks very much! And on a fragment of the diagram, they had a fan wire brown, so I do believe this is just what I needed! The capacitor is labeled as you say on the terminals. And I will sure label the wires, too. I know better than to think I can remember anything important, LOL.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?