adding a/c to 7995-656

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

thomas1

I have a Coleman/Evcon unit that I'd like to add a/c to. It's model # 7995-656/d. Do I just need to add a evap coil? If so, which one? I don't know what size it is as far as tonnage but, it's 95,000btu in and 75,000btu out. I would think 2-3 tons would be about right.
Is there anything else that I would need 2 speed fan, controls, etc.?
I have a pro to hook it up and do the wiring. He is doing me a favor though, so I'm trying to have everything he needs ready for him when he gets here.

TIA
Robert

Hi,

Shouldn't guess at size, have a Manual J Load Calculation done to know correct size. You'll need an a-coil w/drain pan, drain line, condensing unit, condensing unit pad, wall disconnect, wiring whip for outside condensing unit, liquid line filter drier, lineset, thermostat wiring, a/c control box.

Could be some more depending on the situation and install.

Best to allow the installer to get the items together needed for the install. Too many variables that could prove costly otherwise.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?