Coleman Evcon Suncutter A/C-Heating Unit

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Durwin P

I have a Coleman Evcon Suncutter A/c and heating unit Model # BPCH0361BA. I need at least two pieces of information. Where can I get a manual or diagram for this unit and where is the heating element part located? I can do a lot of servicing on it and have found some legal R-22 replacement coolant. I need to be able to check on the heating part of the system before the winter.
Any information on this unit is welcome. It still runs, though right now it is low on coolant, had some to leak out of the Schroeder valve.
Thanks for all support.
Robert

Hi,

Does it have a heating kit ? It would have had to be added, as it is not standard in the unit.

All R-22 is legal at this time, but you must be EPA certified to handle it.

Go here to order a manual or parts/wiring diagram:

http://www.hvacmanuals.com/

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Durwin P

There is apparently some replacement R-22 called R-22a that you do not have to have the EPA license to purchase, like R-134a and Freeze 12 and other alternative products.
Used the link you provided, no manuals for my model were found.
My unit does have the heating unit. Just not sure where it is in the system. Don't know if it is a strip heat system or a heat pump. I don't think ii is a heat pump, but I could be wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Robert

Hi,

1- You cannot mix R-22 and R-22a.
2-In order to recover the R22 so as not to do above, you must be EPA certified.
3- mark must not have added your unit info yet. he may not have a manual, but we do have a parts diagram/breakdown.
4- It is not a heat pump. It would have the heat strip kit only if it was added later or ordered with the unit from the manufacturer. The unit did not come with the heater kit as OEM. Look on sides for a panel to remove and the heater kit will be slid in and installed near blower assembly.

Hope all this helps some.

My personal recommendation is to stay away from R-22a and other alternative refrigerants without a lot of training and experience.

I personally and professionally will not use R-22a. I would use R-22 or retrofit or replace with R-410A system.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?