No idea what is wrong? EB23b

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

alhaskell

So ok this is what is going on, i have a couple issues, maybe or not related.

1. First i noticed that the elements were kicking on and off, but the blower wasn't always coming on. To explain it was intermittent slowly getting worse over last winter. I found that a gentle tap in the area with the blower relay would kick it off. Works everytime. but in the middle of the night a bad thing.

2. The second thing is that it seems to me that the elements, are clicking like crazy. i know the elements do cycle. first the one element then a second and so on. some getting pretty hot then lowering them selves. I assume that is the way its supposed to be. but now they don't get very hot at all. They used to be much hotter when the blower was on. now its warm. the furnace runs for a long time to bring the heat up in the mobile home.

As an example 15 ft from the furnace is cold or just barely warm. It used to get the register vent hot.

My first instinct says the blower relay is bad. IDK? Maybe the limitors on the element? or something else. SUGGESTIONS WELCOME
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a bad sequencer with what you stated, but could be a combo of things as well.

Sequencer # 3120A3571 can be seen and ordered from here by scrolling down:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... esults.php

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?