Anyone familiar with Diamond replacement windows?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

james123

I'm looking to replace a 4 old double hung and extremely drafty old windows in my home. They're all slightly oversized so off the shelf ones at Home Improvement stores will not fit. I have however found a local installer who installs these for $250/each, installed. They also meet the federal tax credit.

Any insight, opinions, advice? The factory is literally 15minutes away so they're made in the USA, local, and look good. Plus i could have them installed within a week or two.

Site Admin

Depending on the size of the windows, that could be a fair price for the install. In my area, we are getting $100 to $130 per window for labor and incidentals plus the window price. This is for average sized windows with no additional repairs and not large picture windows.

I have not heard of Diamond vinyl windows before but that does not mean anything bad about the windows.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Groo

if they are just down the road, ask some people nearby and do a BBB check.

might also want to see how well the company is doing too. tons of window places were going gangbusters during the boom. I bet plenty are on the vergw of closing thier doors now. Nothing like having a slight problem then get strung along untill the out of business sign shows up in thier window. been there done that.

depending on size and construction, they could be less than $100 windows. I don't know how much the non standard upcharge is.

also they might be a standard size for other manufacturers or it might be the same price to enlargen the openings.

I have been looking into replacing 4, 54h x 30w RO, windows. some don't consider that a standard size, but lots of other places do. I could get vinyl windows off the shelf, for under $100 per, or get good ones with wood for around $300 each. those prices didn't include instalation.

What size are you looking at
Last edited by Groo on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
blwfly

im with jd shouldnt take any more then 2-3hrs per window if theres no major changes and is trimed dont see 250 justify it. unless it was 3 storys up but thats not the case.

but i will mention that alot of contrators just dont care and wil slap things together so getting someone rock bottom price is usally not wise:) always check there references and history.

improper installation can lead to far worse problems..

otherwise goodluck and post how it works out.

chris
Greg

$250 for an installed window in this area is not a bad price. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."