Blower issues on Coleman-DGAT090BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

neverworry

Just bought a 1995 mobile home with a Coleman DGAT090BDD and having a small issue with the BLOWER coming on for no reason, that i can see. I've been running my AC for last 2 months (since we moved in) Here's the story. The issues only seems to be happen after 8pm after running the A\C throughout the day. The blower comes on and seems to run for about 90-120 secs then shuts off and kicks back on within about 2secs(does this a couple of times 2-5times). The AC unit does not turn on when this happens nor does the T-stat ask for anything. I've replaced the T-stat with a new one and still happens. I've replaced the control board and it seemed to work correctly for about 3 weeks, but started doing it again about 1 week ago. I've replaced the limit fan switch and it still does it. For a test when it was doing it last night i disconnected the GREEN wire from the control board and it did it 2 times before settling down for the evening. Before I replaced the control baord about 4weeks ago, i had to flip the POWER off to make it stop or it would do it all night until early AM so that must of helped something out (hrs, hrs of on\off is very annoying). Anyone have advise or can help. Bleeding money is no fun
Robert

Hi,

For the motor to start and run, it must have power sent to it. So to find the problem, you will have to trace test the circuit to blower motor to find where power is getting through when it shouldn't.

I offer a 1 hour troubleshooting email session for a $20.00 fee if interested:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?