Remove/Replacing combustion air blower motor

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JGold855

I have a Coleman Model DGAA070BDTB.

The combustion air blower motor (or which ever name you may choose), has failed.

Now the fun part, how do I get it out of the combustion air tube? The section of pipe that it is in, is a straight rolled, spot welded section, both for it's seem, and to the spiral formed tube above it. Is it possible to remove the blower assembly, the reach up and un bolt it's internal mounting bracket, and bring the whole thing down?

Thanks,

Joshua M. Golden
JGold855

By bring the whole thing down, I should specify: bring the motor and blower down and out the bottom of the tube.
JGold855

Just found the PDF on replacing this.
Robert

Sorry, was a very busy day today out of the office.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
A13084U2

I have the same issue. Could I get a link to that PDF ?

Robert
Robert

Look at outer circle of combustion blower assembly and remove all the screws.

That will allow you to pull that section down and away from combustion motor section.

Then slide upper air pipe upward slightly and at same lift up, out and down to remove motor section.

Disconnect any tubes or wires first.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
A13084U2

the old assembly has factory sealant at the joints on each end of the assembly. Do I need to apply some sort of sealant when I put the new one back ?

THX
Robert

Hi,

Yes, silicone sealant to seal it with no leaks.

Thanks,
Robert