Low water pressure

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Bobcat13

I have a unique issue that I just cannot figure out. All of a sudden my Kitchen sink has no water pressure, Hot or cold. I disassembled the faucet and found a few black particles in the aerator but not enough to clog it, put it all back together and still having the issue.
All the other sinks in the house are fine. It is just the Kitchen sink.

I turned off the water at the main and back drained but that did nothing. After the air in the lines cleared the pressure was still poor.

Any Ideas?
JD
Site Admin

If both hot and cold instantly went to low water pressure, there must be an obstruction in the faucet. This could be a chunk of something that managed to work it's way into the tube going out the spigot, but more than likely it is a rubber part of the mixer valve has come loose and is obstructing the line. Changing the valve cartridge or the entire faucet should fix it.

You can test the supply lines that feed the faucet by disconnecting the supply line at the faucet and then running the water full blast into a bucket or big bowel. You should be able to collect at least a gallon every 30 seconds from each side, hot & cold.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
MomofMany

We had that happen and it was just one bathroom faucet for about a week or so. Now it is happening everywhere in the home. I have a call in to the well company because we have some other questions for them about possibly connecting our two double wides. I am hoping it's something simple like a switch to repair.
Lifted79chevy350

You definitely have an obstruction as JD said above. And watch that water when you open it into a bucket you could be wearing all of it. As for momof Same problem could be a gummed up metering valve or the line into the hot water heater. Do as JD said with the bucket starting at point of fresh into house prolly hot water heater and work your day forward to front of trailer
My mind never stops working.
lorraine509

You may have something clogging up the supply for the hot water. Turn off the supply valve under the sink and disconnect the tube that goes up to the sink. Hold a rag over the top of the valve and turn it on and off quickly several times. Reconnect the tubing and see if this makes a difference. There may also be something that got by the valve and is clogging at or in the faucet. A plumber told me this when he fixed mine a while ago.
Bobcat13

I replaced the faucet and it fixed the issue...

Thanks!