Colman Evcon DGAT056BDC

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

erawtik

There is a little motor that always runs and from the looks of the furnace there is some wires taped so im thinking there is something not wired correct. Im wondering if i could mabey get a idea of where the wires all need to goto? There is the blower motor, then a limit switch i think is what it is that has 4 ports for wires, then there is a plug that goes in a box that has the on off switch, and the black motor. Then under all that is the ignition control box with wires going to that black motor that always runs and a few that go into the furnace and a couple that goes to another switch thing where the gas comes in. Another thing this does is fires up then off after a min or so and keeps doing this till the desired temp is reached.
Last edited by erawtik on Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erawtik

Well i took one of the black wires coming from the booster pump off a switch and it turned the motor off. The furnace would not come on so i pluged it back in and the furnace fired up and the booster started. So I turned the stat down and the booster shut off and furnace shut down. Then i turned it back up and booster started then a min later the furnace fired up and stayed running longer than a minute so i turned it back down. Im not understanding what is going on here cause i did nothing other than unplug the wire and back in and now the furnace isnt doing the 2 things it was doing.
Robert

Your wiring diagram will show where all wires go. Probably a sticking booster relay or control board problem keeping booster motor on.

On/off of furnace could be different things. Removing and reconnecting wires will often temporarily make things work again.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?