one of three coils has 240 volts

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gamorrow

Good morning from Dahlonega, Ga....I have a 1995 EB17 with 240v output on both breakers, and all three heating coils read the same low ohms...however, only one (1) coil out of three (3) has 240 volts at the coils...whatcha think? Went back and checked the ohms across the coil contacts where the wires connect--sometimes I read short, sometimes I read 12 ohms, somtimes I read open...strange? Update...went back and turned the breaker on...off...on...off check both side of the element terminal to ground and the reading on all three is 120 volts. Checked across two element and now two (2) elements have 240v.

Went back and worked the breakers( when I say worked the breakers--I mean inside the unit) again and waited for the sequencer to turn on all the elements...had 240 at one an 236 to 240 at another...there was 18vac at the top element.
Robert

Hi,

Sequencer, limit or breaker problem most likely IF your meter is accurate.

T-stat to sequencer to left side of element.

Breaker to limit to right side of element.

120vac to each and 240vac across after about a minute once t-stat calls for heat.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gamorrow

Robert...what part number is for a limit switch...that is used in a EB17B furnace that uses a 3115-357 sequencer? The limit switches are used on heating element packages Part numbers 3500-412, and 3500-405.
The limiters in this furnace is made of a white ceramic material, and are held down by only ONE screw.

Also, what procedures do I use to replace a limit switch? I removed the hold down screw and gently pull on the limit switch but I am afraid I will stretch the coil if I try to pull any harder?
Robert

Hi,

The 3 Limits are on the right middle of the front element assembly plates. The white ceramic pieces are just insulators that hold the element coils, do not take loose or pull on them.

Limit Switch # 7142-3091 (3 of them) can be seen and ordered from here by paging down to it:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -7142-3091

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gamorrow

Thank you Robert...I will be ordering the sequencer and limits soon. Have a good day...God bless you.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Sequencer # 3115-3571

Once you add the 3 limits to cart, then continue shopping by typing sequencer p/n into the search window.

Thanks for ordering.

Take care and God Bless,
Robert