cleaning outside of mobile home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

texas2007

hi everyone! what do you guys use to clean the outside of your mobile home? Just dish soap ect. or is there something made for it? I am trying to get the fly specs off the outside but it seems i have to scrub and scrub and scrub. thanks
Yanita

Hi Texas,

Can you tell us what your siding is, vinyl, masonite or metal.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
texas2007

Yanita wrote:Hi Texas,

Can you tell us what your siding is, vinyl, masonite or metal.

~Yanita~
vinyl
Yanita

Hi Texas,

The best and safest for your vinyl is to use a soft/firm brush. I like to use the ones that are designed to wash your car with, the hose attaches directly to the brush wand.

Everyone has there favorite cleaner..choose on, LOL. The last time we washed this home I used Krud Kleaner. The home came out real nice.

Clean your home in sections, rinse the heavy grime away, put your cleaner and some water in a bucket, work a small area at a time and then rinse...proceed around the home.

Others, including myself have used a pressure washer. I am going to get some flack for even mentioning this. "IF" you are familiar with the use of a pressure washer, AND your home has a sheathing under the vinyl, you might be able to use one. Keep the spray nozzle on the widest fan setting, and stand away from the home as far as you can but still getting enough water pressure to clean the home. NEVER spray upwards toward/into the soffit vents.

Hope this helps...oh yeah, to avoid streaks wash your home on a day that it is overcast.

~Yanita~
Yanita

Your welcome! :lol: