Floor rusted in bathroom

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

greenamber7

Hey I am moving into a mobile home and the bathroom floor is rusted I am not sure what to do. DOes anybody know what can be done for a floor in the bathroom? Greenamber7 Should I get a contractor? If so does anybody know a dependable contractor for mobile homes in Las Vegas?
Yanita

Hi.

Welcome to the site.

Could you explain what you mean by a rusted bathroom floor. Are you saying the vinyl floor covering has rust stains on it? Or are meaning that the floor is rotted?

Please clarify and we can give you the answers you need.

Thanks, Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
greenamber7

I mean that the flooring has been removed, and that foundation to the mobile home is falling apart perhaps from water damage, and I am not sure what to do about it. I have heard that I should put ply woood down, or another type of material, but I am just not sure what to do. Greenamber7
Yanita

Hi,

Yes, if the flooring has already been removed, you can see the ground, you need to put down 3/4 inch plywood.

What do you mean by the foundation? What are you looking at? Do you still have water leaks?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

As Yanita mentioned, the first thing you want to do is to be sure the leak problem has been fixed. You should also look into the water heater compartment to check for leaks and floor damage there.

If you are kind of new to this DIY stuff, I really recommend that you get Mark's book, The Manual for Manufactured/Mobile Home Repair & Upgrade, through the Books & Parts link above.

We can walk you through the floor repair process, but it is nice to have the instructions all laid out with pictures. You would also have information for other home repair projects too.

Could you upload a picture of what you are looking at?

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.