Question about LCD wall mounts in new home

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

mafmmx

Hey all! Well we will finally be moving into our new 2011 harmony home this weekend...

This will be our first ever mobile home ( lived in apartments pretty much our whole lives ) and i usually wall mount my LCD TVs

I have 3 46" LCD ( one is LED ) TVs.. 2 being Sony and 1 a Sharp LED. They are fairly new and i will be using Cheetah mounts with a 165lb load limit. ( they have never let me down )

I have experience with hanging them in the apartments that i have lived in but was curious if there is anything different or that i should know before i mount them to the walls in our mobile home? I am not sure how the walls/drywall/studs are in mobile home as compared to a apartment/house.

Is there anything different i need to do? or what not?

From the manufactures website here is what it states about the walls and studs
(2”x4” Exterior walls – 16” O.C.)

I am assuming that i am working with 2x4's that are 16" apart?

Pretty much just want to know if anything is different when compared to mounting them in a apartment.

Any advice would be great, thanks.
flcruising

Just make sure you hit a stud, nothing else to worry about. If you aren't installing on an exterior wall, some manufacturers build their interior walls @ 24" o.c. Just sayin.

Tip - tap on the wall with the ball of your fist where you want to install the mount until you find where it is the most solid (least hollow). Then take a brad or finish nail and check your location by tapping it in until you hit something solid. If you can find either side of the stud, it will help to center your lag screws dead center. Studs are 1-1/2" thick.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Greg

Look for the tell tail staples in the walls they should be on the studs. Stud finders are cheap now, less than $20.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."