pulling pex

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

twodaysoff

For lack of a better term, I am running some pex above my underbelly to I can have another outdoor hose bib.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the pex where I want it to go. I know to lay it out to get the memory out of it. Otherwise it is dirty, nasty, muddy uncomfortable work.
I need to run it about 25 feet.
thanks
Dan
flcruising

I would try using a stick of something rigid like pvc pipe. Feed that between access holes, tape or union it to your pex and pull to your location.

Are you drilling through your rim joist for the hose bibb?
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
JD
Site Admin

I open up the belly where I run my PEx, as it is supposed to be anchored/clamped every 30" min. I clamp the pipe on every joist. I am not in an area with significant freezes and I am not sure if that makes a difference as to whether you run plumbing through joists or clamp to the bottom of them.

There is a nice anti-siphon garden hose bib for PEx pipe. I like the 12" unit as it gives me plenty of room to fasten the hose bib down to make it feel solid and not wobbly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

I would look to see if you can come through a wall that has water. I went through the wall under the kitchen sink, but a bathroom or washer/dryer area would work too.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
twodaysoff

Got it done, I ran it through some PVC/Electrical conduit stuff that was rigid. Definitely was a PITA. I hole sawed and drilled into a bottom plate (don't know the mobile home name) it was solid. Not an engineer but guessing a 1.25 inch hole won't compromise my foundation. The existing water water lines were strapped below the floor joists and above the belly. I bought some anchors an did a similar thing. Everything works, the mud and fiberglass insulation suck but I'm done. Pex is a beautiful thing.