Ceiling Pot Rack

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Bethk

I would like to have a small round pot rack that hangs over the peninsula in my kitchen because I need more cupboard space. Is this possible in a mobile home if it hangs from a stud?

My moble is a 1988 and we just had the kitchen remodeled. I love it! I'm not sure the maker of our home but I believe Brookshire? Not sure.

Also, can someone point me in the right direction so I can fill out my profile?

Thanks much!

Beth
Yanita

Hi Beth,

Welcome to the site.

Please read the website forum questions and that will answer most of your questions about the site. You need to invite someone as a friend. This will give you your MPS link to be able to create a profile. Click on your own name, this will take you to your profile area of sorts. Scroll down till you see add/invite I think something to that effect, pick a friend and invite them. Once the invite has been sent and accepted you will get a new link at the top of the main page just under the BOOKS/PARTS link called MPS. Clicking that will take you to the page to create a full profile.

As for your pot rack, do you know what size rafters are in your home, 2x2, 2x4, and how many pans do you plan on hanging there?

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Bethk

Thanks for the info. I can't tell you how happy I am to find this site! What a wonderful source of info.

I don't know what size rafters I have. We re-roofed last summer so maybe my husband knows. Hopefully.

Beth
Yanita

Hi Beth,

Did you get your My Profile Space link (MPS). I sent you a friends invite and have not received a response. If you need further help please post back using email or the site.

As for your pot rack did you find out the size of your roof rafters?

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Bethk

Ok, NOW I get it! :D

Thanks for your help and thanks for the welcome.

As far as my ceiling goes, I'm not sure what size studs we have and my husband doesn't know either. Not sure how to find out.

I did order the mobile home repair book since we are doing a lot of upgrades now. So much needs to be done!

I didn't realize my house was unlevel because my windows work great and only one door I have to prop open. The cabinet guy told me last night that he had to add a 1/2 inch every so many feet to level the cabinets he put in! Too late to level now because my cabinets and countertops will then be unlevel! I sure hope this isn't going to be a problem. Man, I wish I realized this so I could have had our home re-leveled before we started the renovations.
Maureen

Hi Beth,

I oh so hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your home will only go out of level more. It's not going to stay as it is. That's the main reason that we stress that our homes need to be releveled from time to time. How often, depend on the area you live in.

You just can't do major renovations to our homes first and hope they'll last, with out the home being leveled first. I wish I had better news for you, but I don't.

Making sure that our homes are level is very important! Not only to renovations, but to the structure of our homes.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'
Bethk

Well, that is unfortunate. We'll have to check into that.

As far as the ceiling pot rack, my husband used his stud finder and guesses the studs are just 2 x 2's. The pot rack is a small round one and weighs approx 20 lbs and I want to use it to hang my stainless steel pans, about 6 of them. Is this feasible?

Beth