Wood burning stove removal.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Lifted79chevy350

Hello again everyone. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with removing these units. It is a round horizontal wood burning stove sitting upon a square perch covered with stone. The pipe runs up through the roof. I was thinking of putting a pantry there or building a terrarium to put in its place. I was wondering if I would be able cap off the vent on the top. Remove what pipe I can. I believe there is a hole in the floor possibly for the fresh air inlet. Just wondering if anyone might be able to give me some ideas. I will try and post pics but im really not to sure how to do it. Thank you.
My mind never stops working.
Lifted79chevy350

Greg

OK the hole in the roof & ceiling is a given. I am not sure what type of roof you have, but if it is the basic metal roof a quick patch job would seal that up. You would need to get creative when it comes patching the ceiling.

It's anyone's guess what you will find under it when you move it. It may end up being a good time to redo the floors if there is a hole there. You may be able to find out through the manufacturer if there is an air inlet.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Lifted79chevy350

I honestly dont know the model of the trailer. I have looked for tags but cant find any. I do have a metal roof. And the celing wont be a problem im sure i can find something.
Greg

I was thinking that if you research the stove manufacturer/model you may be able to find some information. I can see one tag on it, there should be a manufacturer's tag someplace on it.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Lifted79chevy350

Good idea greg ill look into it thanks.