glamor tub

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

any input on the glamor tubs compared to an elongated tub that they are showing in the models now?
Yanita

Hi,

Are you meaning the garden style type tubs...sometimes the water tanks are not large enough to fill them.

~Yanita~
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
JD
Site Admin

I had a customer ask about a 72" tub for some kind of epson salt therapy or something like that. I would have had to remodel the size of his bathroom for it and the cost was too prohibitive for him.

Most of the garden/roman tubs (48x60 type) I see usually have a clothes drying rack or the plastic storage bin assemblies in them. I have not seen a lot of people using them for baths.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Maureen

I have to agree with Yanita and JD on this one!

Those garden tubs, jacuzzi's, etc take a whole lot of water, and time to fill.

In my case, in another home, it was cool and unique for about a month, then it turned into a huge pain!

I'm a girl. okay, well a much older girl lol! I still love my bubble baths, I just don't want to waste water, or wait while the hot water tank drains all the hot water to fill a tub! It gets annoying after a while.

We have a perfect size tub in our older home. It's just as long as a standard tub, but just a few inches wider. It's a corner unit that has a seat included for us when we get older and need to sit down to take a shower. All we have to do is install grab bars, and we're good to go! The tub is a perfect oversized tub, without being a pain. Ours was original to the home 34 years ago, but it fits us just perfect for our needs. I refuse to part with it.

Maureen 8)
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.
'Plato'