bellywrap

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

I need to have the bellywrap and insulation removed to find a leak. Does anyone know of a reputable company or person in either Houston or Tomball Texas that does this kind of work? I will also need it reinstalled and a ground cover put on the ground. Or could someone give me step by step instructions on how to do this. I need it done pretty quick as my floor is buckling and my Ins want pay until we remove the bellywrap and insulation and find the leak.

Thank you
Janet
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site.

We do not keep a data base of any contractors, it would be impossible for us to maintain a nationwide data base.

Maybe if someone lives in your area they will post some responses.

As for the underbelly...removal is easy, remove some skirting panels to get some daylight and circulation going. Use a sharp utility knife to cut away the underbelly fabric. Do this neatly.

If the water is still inside then cut an X in the bottom of the bulge, allow the water to drain. Once the water has drained cut back until you find it is no longer wet. If you cut it neatly you can reuse to patch when the repairs have been made.

Remove all wet and damaged insulation, this just pulls out. Wear gloves and maybe some eye protection.

Moisture barrier is 6 mil plastic laid on the ground, end to end side to side of your home. This will need to be overlapped at the seams and taped. Make sure that the plastic is able to go up the block piers some and tape there as well.

Mark has a Mobile Home Repair Manual that you can purchase, it is in the books parts link in the blue task bar above.

There is also in the same link a tape called Flexmend, this can be purchased on site as well when you need to repair the underbelly.

Since your floors are starting to buckle then the manual is a must if you plan on a DIY repair, LOL, maybe even if you have a repair person to do it.

There are alot of floor repair threads available, as well as underbelly repairs, just do a search.

If you need further help please post again.

Thanks and Welcome to the site,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!