Vented roof over

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

vintage steel

Okay so I just spent a pile of money for enough steel roofing to cover my Double wide. I was going to do a pole building, but time constraints, weather turning cold and (of course) cost, have limited me to a roof over.
I have seen rigid foam board nailed between strips of lath and the roof screwed to the lath.
I was considering:
Nailing the foam board directly to the roof with no gaps.
installing lath over the top of the foam board allowing air to pass from the soffit under the tin, to the ridge cap. I think this would create some sort of ventilation between the foam and the roof, limiting condensation... I think.

Any problems with this system? I have seen it on houses, but couldn't find anyone who has done it on a mobile.
What do you think.
Greg

The problem that I could see right off may be the foam allowing the new roof system to compress, If the new roof compresses too much you will have leaks around the screws.

Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

You will need the wood to receive the screws and make a solid connection between the steel and the framing.
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.