pex crimpers

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Brenda (OH)

well, after turning on the new hot water heater, I found out the old lines leak. so now I will be using a 1/2 crimper for installing new pex lines.

my question is, other than practicing with a few crimps, is there any special technique/hints folks can give me for learning this plumbing?

I have the zurn crimper, and will be using copper crimps from Home depot.

I will be getting some help from a repair guy next week, but if I can figure out how to do the sink lines myself, the cost for the bathroom redo will be more manageable. I hired help because I have not done a tub replacement by myself yet. it looked a little complicated when I saw it done last time, lol

Brenda
JD
Site Admin

I think the hardest part of using the crimper is sometimes you have to be a contortionist to get in the right position to work the tool. There is a small crimper made for tight spots. Also, it is important to use the Go-No-Go gauge to check the finished crimp. There are 2 openings for each size pipe. One tells you the crimp is right when it fits snugly in the opening, the other opening is the no go check. If the crimp fits in the no go side it is a no go.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.