Exterior Hardwall Siding Lawsuits in Canada

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Kellguy

Do any of the Canadian members (or anyone else for that matter) know of any Canadian class action lawsuits regarding exterior Masonite or hardboard siding. Most of the American class actions deal only with local residents.

As an Home Inspector, I find a large number of siding problems due to terrible design or product failure, especially with non-metal or non-vinyl siding.
JD
Site Admin

Hi Kellguy,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you have done a thorough search of the internet for this information. I did a quick search and found nothing. You may try looking through www.law.ualberta.ca to see if they have information or maybe you could find a way to pose the question there.

Also, have you tried contacting Masonite, Smurfitt, Weyerhaeuser, Louisiana Pacific, Geogia Pacific, and others I can't remember right now and ask them directly who you should contact about siding claims? I would think they are mandated by the court to refer you to the right people. They may refer you to the same people you have found, like www.claimsourceone.com . But it is worth the try.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.